Sunday, February 8, 2009

everything is a competition

Not until very recently did I realize my family was extremely competitive.  I always knew everything was a competition in our family but I thought that was normal.  I thought every family did that.  Then I was talking to my roommate about how she doesn't like to play board games because of the competition factor.  I thought that was so weird.  

These past few weeks I've seen how competitive my family is and have realized that not everyone is like that.  Here is one of the many, many examples of how my family turns everything into some sort of contest, game, competition.  It is completely ridiculous but somehow a completely normal thing in my family.   Oh how I love my family :)



Here's anther great example.

6 comments:

momX5 said...

OK Kaci, you kids give me this blog thing. get me all interested in it. How did you expect me to react to this new way of doing things? I just think that people should acknowledge other peoples blogs[esp. if one of them is your mom}..At this point everyone is and it makes me feel special.[because, at this point of my life,I am having delay empty nest sydrome.]

Kelsey said...

but it is not a competition if i have already won.

Kassie said...

we are all one united front against John. We have that going for us.

Anonymous said...

It is sad that the united front is still not strong enough to defeat me...

kaci said...

i know we have beat you before...i just don't remember when :)

john said...

even the blind squirel finds a nut once in a while.