Friday, April 24, 2009

encouragement

A friend emailed me this today....


But now thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and through the rivers,
they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire
you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.

For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I give Egypt as your ransom,
Cush and Seba in exchange for you.

Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,

I give men in return for you,
peoples in exchange for your life.

I, I am the Lord,
and besides me there is no savior.

I declared and saved and proclaimed,
when there was no strange god among you;
and you are my witnesses,"
declares the Lord, "and I am God.
Also, henceforth I am he;
there is none who can deliver from my hand;
I work, and who can turn it back?"

-bits and pieces from Isaiah 43

No comments: