Wednesday, August 19, 2009

tone deaf

I always kind of thought that I was tone deaf especially when I was in China. I remember having a private tutor for a week, so I could catch up on the speaking skills. She would say a word and I would repeat it. Well I would try to repeat it. And then she would say it again and then I would try to repeat it. She would get so frustrated and say no, no, no. Then finally I would repeat it in what I thought was the wrong tone and she would get so excited that I said it right. After a week, she gave up on me and I decided it was a better use of my time to learn how to read and write well rather than speak.

Well here is a test for you to find out if you are tone deaf.


You should take it and tell me your results. I'm slightly ashamed to admit my results, but I will. I got 9 out of 26 right. That officially qualifies me for some study on people who are tone deaf. :(

5 comments:

Kassie said...

I got 13 right. But I put yes on almost all of them since they all sounded okay. Was I supposed to actually recognize the songs? because I really didn't. I'm not sure how accurate of a test this is, because I'm tone deaf for sure. And my result was "hard time distinguishing pitch".

CarrieAmelia said...

I got them all right...

john said...

I got 25 out of 26...According to Dr. Dennis T. Drayna, I have a fine sense of pitch...but I am disappointed that I got one wrong.

Eric Crawford said...

26/26

Lance said...

I thought I was kinda tone deaf.... but now I no longer have an excuse....

"You correctly identified 25 tunes (out of 26) on the Distorted Tunes Test. Congratulations! You have a fine sense of pitch"