Sunday, August 23, 2009

While I'm Waiting

This song has been running through my mind a lot this past week. The lyrics are a bit cheesy, but whatever. Even cheesy lyrics can speak truth to your heart.

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord


Lately it has felt like God dangled this good gift in front of me and then decided to pull it away. It's hard not to believe this at times because it is what I see and what I experienced, yet a sweet friend has reminded me over and over that it is not true. It's important to share my heart with God and to share that is how I feel but to ask him to change my perspective to one that is true. I know that God is good. God is good father. He is a good father who gives his children good gifts. He does not give them a snake when they ask for bread (Luke 11:11-13). I know that all things God works for the good of those who love him (Rom. 8:28). I know that my ultimate good is that God should receive glory. I know God will receive glory even through my heartache.

Another lesson that God has been reminding me of this week is that God is the God of all comfort (2 cor 1:3-5). ALL comfort. He comforts us in all of our troubles. ALL of our troubles. I find myself trying to comfort myself, trying to ease the pain, but that's not my job. God is the one who will comfort me; Jesus will heal my heart; I'm just called to trust him.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

One of my favorite verses to hold onto when it seems hard to find hope is Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." I don't know what you are going through, but I know God will be there with you.

Southern Gal said...

You are learning life lessons from the Father. Keep pressing on.