Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lasso's

Today I was doing my long run (a disappointing 10.5 miles. My knees were killing me, so I sadly decided to listen to my body and stop short of my 12 mile goal.) and I was running on MLK from Euclid down to Ingersoll. Somewhere after Hickman, I'm running along minding my own business and I see these three men in their 40's/50's wearing cowboy hats. One is holding a lasso. I thought to myself...hmmm interesting, not something you see everyday in this area of Des Moines.

Then all of a sudden the man holding the lasso run up the driveway towards me and throws his lasso at me. No worries with my lightening speed (yes that was funny.) I avoided him or he just had really bad aim and missed me.

Often when I'm running I think up ridiculous situations and try to decide what would I do if that happened. Would I call 911, would I call the dsm non-emergency police number (yes that number is programmed into my phone), would I try to play it cool and laugh it off. Who would have thought even with my very large imagination that I would have never thought of 'what should I do if some man throws a lasso and catches me. So now I am pondering if ever I am running along again and some man throws a lasso at me but this time actually catches me, what should I do? Should I play it cool and laugh it off, freak out and immediately call the police, or freeze up and do nothing cause I'm completely shocked.

Oh the things to ponder...

No comments: