Monday, October 5, 2009

bucket list

I wrote this list five years ago and just found it today.  It's interesting to look at it again and to see what was important to me back then. 

get a black eye
go to Canada
train for and complete a marathon (currently training for a half)
get a pedicure (completed)
swim in the Gulf of Mexico
visit anywhere in Asia (completed)
see the sunrise on the Atlantic Ocean (completed in New Hampshire)
write a memoir (Kassie, Kelsey, Kinsey, and I are working on this.)
sleep under the stars with my husband (definitely not married yet)
climb to the top of a mountain and camp out
ride in a hot air balloon
dance in the pouring rain (I'm sure I've completed this on multiple times.)
be a mom (yep, still not married.)
write a letter to Sam
spend a day at a spa
see the Northern Lights
go to Disney World (completed thanks to Kelsey.)
fly first class
kiss someone on top of a ferris wheel
take a 1,000 mile roadtrip without a map
sleep on a beach
shower under a waterfall
go and watch an event at the olympics
learn not to say yes when I really mean no (I think I'm pretty good at this now.)
sit on a jury
read the Bible cover to cover (I'm about 75% of the way done.)
find a job I love (completed multiple times over)
make bread from scratch (completed on multiple times.)
go campaniling and become a true Iowa Stater
love the Lord with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my strenth, and with all my mind.

3 comments:

*Lesli* said...

want me to help you complete #1? Just kidding. You've completed many on the list, so good job :)

Kelsey said...

We could make a family (well sister) vacation on completing this list.
spa, beach, Olympics, etc...

ben.cuentas said...

black eye, i can help

(write to SAM) does UNCLE sam count? I can help you with that too.
1000miles no map, climb mountains, & the marathon are all really easy to accomplish whilst in the armed forces.
my bucket notch of killing a guy was on there but since I got hurt, I'll have to do it the same way other people do it....Illegally. darn.

(btw I'm only half kidding about killing people)