Monday, October 12, 2009

Dear Mr. Caribou Man (part 6)

Dear Mr. Caribou Man,
It has been a long time since I have written to you.  Last Wed. I saw you at Caribou, but you had to leave early because the plumber was coming.  On Thursday, you read your newspaper and then you went and sat by your friend.  I said good morning to you, but you didn't respond; I will admit I was a little sad.  Friday you were no where to be found. 

But today you spoke to me!!!!  You asked me if I knew if we got mail on Columbus Day.  And then a lady came inside and asked me for directions to the library, so you and I together gave her directions.  Later on your friend came and sat by you.  When he was getting his coffee you told me about how your friend was just up at the Mayo clinic a few weeks ago and said they had a Caribou there and it had the exact same fireplace.  You were a bit shocked by that.  I don't think you have been to any of the other Caribou's in town because they all have the same fireplace.  But I pretended to be suprised by that fact too.  I'm glad that we are real friends now.  And that I got a chance to tell you to have a great day on my way out.

Until tomorrow,
kaci



just chillin' reading your newspaper


you and your friend solving the world's problems

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

i'm glad you talked to him.
but hopefully you don't become "real" friends bc he may google your name and find your blog.

tangentsntidbits said...

Kaci, this is one of my favorite "threads" on any blog I'm reading right now. It's so cute and I look forward to your sightings :)

Deanna said...

I love Mr. Caribou Man! I want to stalk, I mean, meet him too!

Rae said...

Okay, I seriously love you. This is hilarious! I love old men!