Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Forgotten God

"I don't want my life to be explainable without the Holy Spirit.  I want people to look at my life and know that I couldn't be doing this by my own power.  I want to live in such a way that I am desperate for Him to come through.  That if He doesn't come through, I am screwed."
Forgotten God by Francis Chan p.142

"I struggle to always and actually keep in step with the Spirit moment by moment.  To submit and give up everything truly is radical and terrifying.  However, when I think deeply about it, walking in my own wisdom, contrary to the Spirit's leading, is even more frightful.  Though I struggle, I know that ultimately I want nothing more than to live in total surrender and abandonment to the Spirit every moment I have left on this earth."  p.126

1 comment:

Caroline said...

kaci... thank you for this today. I needed a kick in the pants.

keep writing, because I'm following... and wondering how mr. caribou man will respond when you finally become friends!