Friday, November 13, 2009

Birthday Week

Overall I have had an absolutely amazing birthday week.  I would say since August it seems like every week I am blown away by how blessed I am.  This week just added more amazement to that fact.

Kassie and Graham came back to Iowa last weekend.  Kassie, Kinsey, Graham, Ryan and I went out to eat together on Friday night.  Then Kassie went to a Tastefully Simple party with me on Saturday and then we watched the Iowa game together.  I had so much baby holding time this weekend.  I'm pretty sure I got my fix for at least a week. (I need a lot of baby holding time each week apparently to get my fixes.)  Saturday evening I got to go to Stan's wedding.  After spending two years working closely with him, it was a blast to see him finally get married to someone who is perfect for him.

Sunday was probably a perfect Sunday.  Started off with Westwind.  Every week I'm reminded of the blessing of a local church.  They are my family, and it is my home.  Then Sarah and I hosted lunch for a 10-15 friends.  Wonderful food, even better conversation...so much laughter.  We then whipped out some Guess Who action and added some personality Guess Who to the mix. (You should try it, so much fun.)  Then of course Battlestar Galactica...oh so good.  Travis, Ryan, and I watched a couple of discs.  We only have five episodes left which of course will be finished this weekend!  Sarah and Sarah then joined us to end the night with a game night....a perfect Sunday....

The rest of the week was wonderful for so many reasons....tuesday, connection group (happy birthday sung, candles blown out, great conversation, tears shared, truth spoke)....wednesday, lunch goodbyes, a really productive day at work, high school connection group (lots of laughter, lives shared, tears cried, happy birthday sung), phone call with mom, so many birthday wishes....thursday, dinner at stella's (amazing gifts, amazing friends, kinsey, ice cream shakes, flowers, laughter, friendships formed), game night (so much more laughter, cuddles, lives shared.)....


life is good...

    

No comments: