Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reflection

I've started and restarted several times different types of 2009 in review blog posts.  How do you summarize a year where you experienced the highest highs you have ever experienced in life and you experienced the lowest of lows you have ever experienced in life?  And you have experienced pains that you have never felt before and you have experienced joys you have never felt before?  You can share the events, but there was so much more happening than just the events themselves.  So much has gone on in my mind, my heart and my soul.  So many things that are unexplainable in words.  So many things that I have yet to grasp the significance of.

I think about the year to come, what do I want of it.  Do I want lower lows or do I want higher highs?  I don't know.  But I do know, I want to know God more.  I don't know what that will look like.  Bring on lower lows or higher highs if it means I can experience God in a new way.

This year I stand here with my arms open.  God use me for your name's sake.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those few words hit me in a place nothing has in a long, long time.

Bring it on, God.
Amen.