Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dear Mr. Caribou Man (part XXVII)

Dear Mr. Caribou Man,

It was so good to see you on Wednesday!  We had a great conversation.  You told me all about your grand-daughter Jordan who just got a job out in California.  Wow, were you proud or what; I heard you tell four people about it.

One of your friends, Gordan, was there.  You told me all about Gordan and how you both were in the Korean War.  He was actually in battle though.  Gordan also carves things.  He carved a dragon that sold at an auction for $300.  You were shocked.  You thought it would only go for $35.  I asked how often Gordan comes and hangs out at Caribou.  He comes every Monday and Wednesday.

Then you told me all about Mr. Mayo Man.  You haven't seen him in four weeks.  I think it has been a lot longer for me.  I guess he is scared of the ice in the parking lot.  So every morning you come to Caribou he calls you to see if the parking lot is any better.  I'm hoping with all of this warm weather and the rain that he will be back on Tuesday morning!  (Monday I have a dentist appt., so no Caribou time for me.)

Until Tuesday,
kaci

No comments: