Wednesday, March 10, 2010

secure in who I am

Today I was pondering how I feel completely overwhelmed by God's goodness right now.  When I look back at the last year of my life, I am completely overwhelmed by his goodness again.

It is a strange thing because in this past year I have felt like I have been on a roller coaster through life.  Four different jobs, moving cities, changing churches, four family deaths...you would think my life should feel out of control.  Yet it doesn't at all.

I feel more secure than ever.

Not the security that comes in the form of finances, health, success.  But secure in who I am.  Secure in who God has created me to be and where He has put me at every moment through the last twelve months.

He has been my Rock.

 It makes me excited for the days I have yet to experience.  The days that I know God has set before me.  I don't fear them because I know He will use this year of heartache and change.  I know more heartache will come.  I have this strange excitement for it because I know God will use it again in my life to show me he is the Living God who loves me.  

2 comments:

Laura said...

Miss Kaci,

I do like this quite a bit! Thanks for the encouraging post. It's encouraging, even if you meant for it to just be reflective! :)

*Lesli* said...

Love your posts. Makes me all positive and lovely inside :) You bring such goodness to my twitter/computer/phone/facebook everyday!