Friday, April 9, 2010

Letter to My Mom (part 2)

This blog post is part of the series Letter to My Mom series.



Hey Mom!

So I've been engaged for a week now. I know that you would have asked for this list a long time ago because you always talked and talked about how you wanted us to all to make a list of thirty things we loved about our potentials husbands before you would give us the okay to get married.

(Warning everyone who reads my blog, it you vomit in your mouth when reading cheesy things stop reading now.)

So here goes mom....30 reasons why I love Ryan....in no particular order

1. He loves Jesus more than he loves me.
2. He desires to be a servant leader.
3. His beard makes me smile.
4. He wants to have kids.
5. He sends ridiculously long well-thought emails.

6. Every morning I get a text that says 'Good morning.'
7. He tells me that I'm beautiful.
8. He randomly brings me one rose to work.
9. He's ticklish.
10. He talks often about how he doesn't want to be a boy, but strives to be a man.

11. He's incredibly honest.
12. He'll put up with my feisty moods.
13. He's cute.
14. He's a planner.
15. He pursues me.

16. He supports my dream of staying home.
17. He'll rub my back without complaining whenever I ask.
18. He's okay with my extreme extrovertedness.
19. He is hilarious!
20. He understands how important my family is to me.

21. He drinks wine.
22. He loves to read.
23. He knows he is still a work in progress.
24. He knows I'm still a work in progress.
25. He plays board games with me.

26. He reads the random links I send him and comments on them.
27. He still asks me out on dates.
28. He's slightly inappropriate at times
29. He finds joy out of creating the cheesiest terms of endearment and calls them to me in public.
30. He loves being active.

31. Did I mention he loves God a whole lot?

So there you go mom. I hope you enjoy and approve of this list.

Until next week
love,
kaci jo

6 comments:

Kassie said...

love it! :)

Kassie said...

now, Ryan needs to write his. :)

cindy said...

Sounds like this Ryan is a great guy. He must have a great mom :)

Mrs. Farley said...

Sounds like you found your husband :) I am so happy for you Kaci! Marriage is a wonderful thing!

The Redhead Riter said...

That's nice. I'm so sorry you lost your mom and so happy you found your husband.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

This is very sweet! I like this series!