Friday, April 23, 2010

Letter to My Mom (part 4)

This letter is a part of my weekly blog series.  Check it out here.

Hey mom,

This week was beautiful!  The weather was perfect.

I was looking at old emails again.  (I know that is a bad idea, but I do it anyways.)  One year ago today you were on a vent in the ICU.  You were able to breathe on your own for 25 mins.  The doctors were sure that you would never be able to breathe without a ventilator and they thought you were going to have to live in a nursing home the rest of your life.

But you didn't.

Two months later you were able to go home.  Two months later, two of your daughters, Kelsey and Kinsey, sacrificed a whole lot of their life to give you the freedom to move back home.

Then your life was taken five months later.  But you were able to spend five months at your home.

I don't get it.  I don't get why God extended your life.  Why He chose to let you live five months longer?  Why just five months?  What was his plan in this all?

Soon after you passed away and I was constantly begging God for answers, I felt him say to me "be patient, my child, I will show you."  I know someday He will answer all of my whys and until then I will choose to trust.

Sorry mom that my letters are so serious.  Kassie's are much more happy and upbeat.  But you would expect no less from me :)

93 days until I marry Ryan on your wedding anniversary!  eeek!!!    

love,
your favorite always
kaci jo

3 comments:

Crystal Becker said...

Kaci Jo-

Sigh... I don't know why. But I know that God is sovereign and that you are putting your trust in that.

I love you... and I am constantly praying for you.

93 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE,
Crystal

kinsey said...

I miss her :(

Kassie said...

Mom was a fighter :)