Sunday, April 25, 2010

So Long Insecurity

I stole this from my friend, Katie's blog.


A thought to ponder...

The commissioning statement from Beth Moore's simulcast for her new book So Long Insecurity





My Dear Sister
If Christ is Your Savior
You are the dwelling place
Of His own Spirit
You have it IN YOU
to be secure.
Every day of your life
You have a choice to make
You can live in your old defeat
Or you can turn from your unbelief
And choose life
Make up your mind
To put off the old you
And put on the new you.
Never, ever, ever forget
That the Lord is your security.
He will keep your foot
From being caught in a trap.
He will take care of you
To your very last breath.
Now, leave this place
And go out into the world
And act like a person
Who knows she’s dearly loved.
You were born to be exceptional.
So, Girlfriend, go forth
And walk worthy of your calling.
You are clothed in strength and dignity!
Now unto Him
Who can keep you from falling
Be glory and majesty
Power and authority
Through Jesus Christ our Lord
Now and forever more
Amen.
So Long, Insecurity!

How sweet would it be if we all lived like we really believed this?

4 comments:

Emily Jane said...

This is so true. I've realised recently the power of CHOICE we all have - we can choose whether to react positively or negatively to ANYTHING life throws our way, but so often we give in to insecurity and worry and fear. Thank you for sharing this great reminder :)

TabithaVenasse said...

If we all really believed this, imagine how much we could be doing because of it. How much more we would be willing to step out and do what we feel God is calling us to do.

Jess said...

Kaci!!! I'm so glad you posted this! I also attended the Beth Moore simulcast this weekend and was thinking just today, "I wish I remembered that commissioning Beth did!" Whoo-hoo. Thanks, long lost friend. :-)

PS -- I totally facebook stalked you and that's how I found your blog. You should consider that a compliment.

Nick said...

Hi, this is Nick from the DaySpring Affiliate Program. After looking over your blog, I think you might be a good fit for our program. You can learn all the details here or email me with any questions you may have.