Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dear Mr. Caribou Man (part XXXI)

Dear Mr. Caribou Man,

I know it has been a long time since I have written you last.  Today I was at Caribou but you were not there.  I have a moral dilemma I would like to ask you about though.

One of the nice barista's had walked out of the bathroom and it looked like she had a very large white tag hanging out from her shorts.  Eventually my friend and I realized that it was toliet paper.  The nice barista was walking around and picking up plates.  Here's the question what do you do?  Do you tell her?  Do you tell one of her coworkers to tell her?  Or do you just ignore the situation? 

If I told her then she would know that customers noticed it and I think that would be humiliating.  But if I told her she could take care of it quicker.  If I told one of her coworkers to tell her, at least she wouldn't know that the customers noticed it.  But then again if she doesn't get along with that coworker, they may be mean to her and tell everyone else.  Or if I just ignore it, that means she has to wait even longer to find out and lots of people will see it.

So what would you have done Mr. Caribou Man (aka all my internet friends)?  Would you tell her or would you tell a coworker?

Hopefully I see you soon,
Kaci

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Tell her. I think she would appreciate knowing. If you saw her when she walked out of the bathroom, then she would know it had most likely just happened and would appreciate the knowledge. It would be better than no one telling her and finding it when she gets home.
I guess what I'm saying is that I would want someone to tell ME about it. That's always how I look at those situations though; what would I want someone to do for me? :)

Kassie said...

I think you tell her. I hate when I see myself in the mirror and notice I have something stuck in my teeth, but no one told me.

Laura said...

Tell her, tell her, tell her. It's so hard to have tons of people looking at your appearance in a job like that in the first place. If you have something embarrassing happening regarding your appearance, then it's even more difficult to overcome when you can't actually get away from the situation.