Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Remembering the Joy in the Pain

I was reading some of my old blog posts this week and was reminded of this post which was this quote.

"...and you say, through the deepest possible pain, GOD is enough. GOD is enough. He is good. He will take care of us. He will satisfy us. HE WILL get us though this. He is our treasure. GOD, you are the strength of my heart and my portion forever." John Piper


It is amazing that the same words can speak to your soul deeply at very different times in your life.  The struggle in my life then was nothing like the struggle in my life now, yet God is still enough.  Through the pain, I still cry out to him.  I cling to him alone.  


He is my strength.  


This week is hard and Sunday will be even harder.  Yet I will cling to the hope that He will get me through this.  I will cling to the hope that He will comfort me so someday I will be able to comfort others for his glory.



4 comments:

*Lesli* said...

I heart your words and YOUR strength. btw, you are welcome for that lovely present I just gave you.

Miss Becker said...

I am praying that you would understand how deep and wide and long the Lord's love is. He is worthy of your trust.

And I love you.

And I'm here.

Love,
Crystal

TabithaVenasse said...

Praying for you this mother's day.

Meg said...

I love your blog. Thank you for sharing your joys and sorrow.
www.meagannorlund.blogspot.com