Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ryan's Version

Here's Ryan's version of the engagement story. Mine is here.

Thursday night (on April 1st that is) Kaci and I went to Saylorville lake for a picnic, we ate Jimmy johns at a picnic table near a boat ramp. Kaci and I had our second date there and it is just a good location for a date. We had a good conversation during dinner and decided to swing (well I swang she sat on the ground) I remember looking down at her and how incredibly beautiful she looked. We hugged and kissed a bit, and decided to walk down to the water/boat ramp.

While we were at the ramp I decided to pray for us, and our relationship. After we prayed a gust of wind and a breeze came up out of the north. I felt like it was God saying “it is time”. I know that may sound weird, but I just knew, and when you know you know. We started walking back up, I got extreeemly nervous, “this is it! THIS IS IT!” kept going through my mind, I was trying to put the words together as to what I was going to say on the spot. (I have to work to be romantic, and it doesn’t come easy). Even now I can’t remember the exact words, but it went something like “Kaci, I love you, and I have loved you since before I even knew it was love,” then I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. She said yes!

Then she asked when I asked her dad. “oh, crap” my hands grabbed my hair, I had totally forgotten. Since I had my phone with me I called her Dad, and asked. After he was satisfied with giving me a hard time (in typical Paul fashion) He eventually gave his permission.

Due to the massive amounts of people that needed to be notified, it only made sense to me to use the mass messaging tool known as twitter, I knew that it would be the best way to get the word out so I tweeted “she said yes”. In my (a guys) mind this was the most efficient way of doing things. However, Kaci, thought it would be best to tell people in person/over the phone. She had no idea that I had already tweeted. (oops) I eventually told her, and in hind sight her way was probably best.

We are both looking forward to July 24th, and the many many years together after that.

3 comments:

cindy said...

How sweet!!!!

Becky said...

I am soo happy for you Kaci! You deserve every ounce of happiness that comes your way!!! Congratulation!!! EEEKKKKSSS!!!!

*Lesli* said...

Dear Ryan, I like how you say you kissed a bit. :) And Kaci, I did not receive a live phone call, but a text message. In all fairness I think it was kind of late. I still heart you. So happy for you two. Can't wait til your wedding :)