Monday, July 19, 2010

Genuine Beauty

This this woman I have gotten to know through the last couple of months that I met through a friend, Deb.  Deb is an absolutely gorgeous woman.

It's almost indescribable the joy that she will bring into the room when she walks in.  I've never ever met such a genuine woman who truly believes in beauty.  I know this sounds strange.  But when you start talking to her, you want to see the world through her eyes.  Everything and everyone is beautiful to her.  She see God's hand in it all.

I've never once heard a slightly negative thing from her mouth.  I know that is why I am drawn to her and want to hang out with her.  Her words fill you up.  Her words remind you that God's beauty is here and now.

My friend has this theory that all women hate each other and all men don't know any different, so they get along.  He picked up this theory watching his three kids navigate through elementary school.  I'm seeing how true it is more and more.  Yet this woman defies this theory.  She is a woman who wants to honor everyone around her, especially the women.

She's the kind of woman I want to be.  I am so far from it now, but how I desire to speak such praises of the women around me.  

No comments: