Monday, July 19, 2010

Ryan's Brick Story

The past two summers my church has done a series in the summer letting people share one of their brick stories.  God is completing a story in all of us and is using brick after brick to build us into the man or woman he wants us to be.  

Ryan got to share one of his most intimate brick stories this weekend.  I love this man for his boldness and faith in sharing this story.  I know it was hard for him, but him and I both know that God is going to use this story God has given him in absolutely amazing ways.  You could tell by the tears of the room and the stories we heard after church that God will be glorified by this.  I am so excited that Ryan gets to be my soon to be husband.  He is a man who loves the Lord.


Listen to his story here.


Sadly I just realized they started the recording a bit late, so here's the first part of his story and then you should listen to the last two minutes of it here.  



Right out of high school I met this girl, we had in inappropriate relationship and almost a little over a year after we had been dating we got married. I was 19, and although I was not following Jesus at the time the bond of marriage was something that was engrained into my being, it was something NEVER to be broken, and to do so would be a great disgrace. On June 17th, 2 days before my 22nd birthday I came home from work early and cleaned the  entire apartment hoping that I could spend an evening as a date night with my wife. But when I approached her she said the words that would send us eventually to a divorce. “I don’t love you anymore”. In the weeks and months that passed my hope that she would re-consider faded, as I received threatening voicemails. Then the divorce papers came, and as I reluctantly signed them a dark cloud formed over my head and a large yoke mounted my back. I felt as though I had been dragged through the mud. I was grasping the gravity of my sin all too well. I longed to turn to God, I wanted to know him, I wanted to be the prodigal son running home to the open arms of my Father. NO! How could he take me back?!? I am divorced who could want me....now go listen because it has such a beautiful ending.


No comments: