Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happiness Project

WARNING:  This following picture could offend some of my readers out there, but I'm gonna share anyways.  So if you are easily offended you might want to close your browser now.



One of my coworkers, last Friday finished her last radiation treatment for breast cancer!!!  During her battle with breast cancer she had gone through chemotherapy and had a single mastectomy.  This woman was incredible brave during her battle and continued sharing her laughter with everyone around.  I knew the perfect way to celebrate the end of radiation would be to make a cake.

And after I revealed it to the break room while she was sitting there, there were roars of laughter and smiles.  I pray that if I ever have to go through something that difficult I would be able to face it with the joy and humor that she faced it with.   















Photobucket




ps I didn't eat any of this, so I did not mess up on No Junk Food January.  

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Awe, glad she was able to keep a smile through it all! How nice!

Renegades said...

What a great reason to be happy this week. Yeah for your co=worker.

love and life ♥ said...

What a great cake! Glad she was in good spirits throughout! xx

Deb said...

You're a good friend and that cake is too cute! Good job on not eating any. That's a hard thing to pass up.

Sue said...

She must have a wonderful sense of humor for you to feel secure about making that cake for her. I have a couple of friends who went through breast cancer treatment, and one of them was very similar. She seemed to use a lot of humor to get herself through it.

So glad your friend is finished with her treatment.

=)
PS. I messed up my link tbis week. Here's the right one:
Good Friends Last Forever

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

A great reason to be happy! Love the cake.

Rosie@leavesnbloom said...

I think this was great idea - sometimes laughter is the best medicine out.

ailinh harris said...

Neat cake! I've heard once(if I'm quoting this right) that laughter is the shortest distance between two people. A good laugh does bring people closer and happier together.

leigh said...

You could probably sell that cake to cancer survivors and make millions.