Monday, October 10, 2011

Best Conversation Ever

I've been having some stomach issues lately, so I went in for an ultrasound of my abdominal last week.  The Ultrasound Tech was taking all of his pictures quietly.  He was quickly finding each of my organs on my right side and clicked away saving the pictures. He then searched around on my left side for a while, not taking any pictures.

Then....

Ultrasound Tech: Were you born missing anything?

Me:  Uhhhhh, No

Ultrasound Tech: Cause you don't have a left kidney.

So apparently I don't have a left kidney, who would have thought.  From my research via google, it's a pretty common birth defect.  1 in 800 are born missing one.  Many of these people never even know they are missing one because your body function with no problems and your kidney grows stronger and bigger to compensate.

No comments: