Saturday, February 25, 2012

Book so far

My goal this year was to read 12 books.  Like everything in my like I go through phases where I am all in and borderline addicted to the activity.  This past month it was reading books, but I think I phasing out of that time temporarily because life is not giving time to such activities for the time being.

I'm not the best at giving reviews or summarizing books because I forget what I read soon after the book is done (I'm this way with movies too.)  You'll have to go to Amazon to read a summary, but I can tell you which ones you should read.

So far I have read in 2012

The Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan
    *Quick, light hearted read.  Well, maybe not so lighthearted, but the end leaves you with a heart to give back to those around you.

Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall
     *Excellent book.  Memoir about a woman who grew up in the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints who believe in multiple wives and her painful journey leaving the community.  Definitely recommend.

All She Ever Wanted by Barbara Freethy
    *Ehhh, it was okay.  Don't spend your time reading this.

Five Days in Summer by Katia Leif
    *I have recently fell in love with Criminal Minds, I decided to try the whole crime drama type of book.  I decided I don't really like that genre of books, but if you do, I would recommend this.

Hunger Games by Suzanna Collins
Catching Fire by Suzanna Collins
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
    *I avoided these books as long as I could with all the hype surrounded by them.  I didn't want to be one of those people who read it after they became cool.  But I was one of those people, and I loved them!  You definitely should read them.  I read all three of these in six days.  (Proof I was in the addicted to reading phase.)

Wow, Apparently I'm seven books in to the twelve books.  Maybe I should have made the reading book goal a bit more lofty.

No comments: