Thursday, March 22, 2012

P90X update

Week 3 is done!  Woot Woot!

Ryan and I are still going strong with both the workout routine and the diet side of things.  Everyone I have talked to has said something to the effect of that they know lots of people who have done the workout videos but no one is able to do the diet throughout.  Seriously everyone has said that.  I have yet to meet anyone who knows anyone who has done the diet and the exercise series for the complete 90 days.  Some people know people who have attempted the diet but have given up at or before three weeks. In my extreme competitive nature, I am refusing to give up on the diet.  I must beat all of those people that people seem to know.

I don’t know how much the diet has made a difference so far but I have lost four pounds (woot woot!)  Overall though I can tell I’m significantly stronger.  I am able to do 20-25 reps of exercises I was unable to complete one of on the first day. 

The first two weeks my energy was increased significantly.  I no longer wanted (and sometimes I actually did) to go to bed at 6 or 7pm.  I was actually able to stay up between 10 and 11 with no issues.  I didn’t take naps on the way to work.  But these last few days I feel like I’ve hit a brick wall again.  My energy has been significantly lessened and I’m tired again at 6 or 7 at night.  From my research, this means I have 'bonked' and am ready for Phase 2 of the diet.  


So here we go with phase two, I now get three carbs a day instead of just one!    

2 comments:

Jenni Schwartz said...

Are you ACTUALLY doing THEIR meal plan their meal plan though? Or just their concepts? I used their concepts with regards to portions/whatnot but I couldn't follow through with their actual menu.

Kaci Jo said...

They say in the book that you can do either the actual meal plan or the portion plan. We do the portion plan and keep track of our calorie intake/protein intake through that.

We do the portion plan to a T. So for phase one, 7 protein, 1 carb, 1 fruit, 4 veggies, 3 dairy, 1 double snack. We weigh all of our meat and measure every veggies, etc we eat.