Sunday, April 29, 2012

P90x update...humbling

As Ryan and I were evaluating our upcoming week, we had lots of things we could do, but had to weigh them with when we could fit in our p90x workouts and time to make our meals for the next day.

We were reminded of the two greatest commandments. Love God. Love people. We realized that we have let p90x control our choices for the last nine weeks rather than the greatest commandments. We have lost opportunities to love people because of p90x.

After realizing this, Ryan and I decided that we need to slow down p90x. What this means to us is we will work out three times a week, not six. We will also follow the diet as closely as possible during the week and take the weekends off.

I'm a little freaked out by this because of my uber competitive nature and my pride. I wanted to show everyone I could do this. I could last all twelve weeks, but we only made it nine weeks. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is what Ryan and I need to do. Loving people is way more important to me than any workout routine or diet should ever be.

I want the world to know I live for Jesus not for p90x. I want my thoughts filled with my Savior not with what I'm eating tomorrow. I'm who I am because Jesus shed his blood. He has given me a new life, a purpose.

2 comments:

Mrs. Bobier said...

So proud of you friend. I am encouraged by how far you've come, how disciplined you ARE and how deeply you love God and others!!!!

Jessica Snell said...

Sounds right on to me - sounds like wisdom! It's all about figuring out how the eternal principles work themselves out in your particular circumstances.